We’re currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our organization. You will be focused on co-design and develop our cloud-based SaaS solutions. You will be also collaborating to a wide range of FMCG and Commodity Trading clients interested in Data engineering consulting services.
You will interact with a group of professionals to elicit business, architectural and non-functional requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable analytical solutions that work well within the overall data architecture. Design applications based on identified architecture, technology landscape, IT standards, and enterprise roadmaps; support implementation of design by resolving complex technical issues faced by the project team during the full development cycle.
- Analyse database designs and enhance the models to support business use cases.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes to collect, process, and transform data from various sources into a usable format.
- Present the findings in a clear and informative way.
- Convert large volumes of structured and unstructured customer data using advanced analytical solutions.
- Develop and maintain data warehouses, databases, and other data storage solutions.
- Optimize data infrastructure for performance and scalability.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data-related issues.
- Turn analysed data into actionable insights and business value.
- Communicate effectively with different departments and roles (product managers, engineers) to discuss complex data-driven findings and technical matters.
We believe that you’ll enjoy this role if
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Startup experience
- Remote work experience
What you’ll need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar role, with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Python for data processing and automation.
- Strong expertise in Azure Data Factory and Databricks for building and managing data pipelines.
- Advanced SQL skills and relational database management.
- Experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and ETL processes.
- Experience with data engineering tools and technologies, such as Apache Spark / MLlib.
- Experience with cloud platforms, particularly Azure.
- Expertise in CI/CD principles & tools (e.g. Azure Devops) and Version Control Systems (e.g. Git).
- Working English fluency.
- Domain understanding (Commodity trading, CPG, Retail or Life sciences)
- Data analysis tools and libraries such as Python (NumPy / SciPy / scikit-learn / pandas / matplotlib), R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, etc.
Benefits of joining us
- You will share a next-generation vision and mission through our revolutionary, Digital Assistant for Revenue Management. You will have a purposeful job in our fast-growing environment where we will build something amazing together!
- You will enjoy the comfort, convenience and flexibility of being able to work from home. Most people find telecommuting enables them to be more productive – it improves their quality of work while reducing stress and distractions. You will also appreciate avoiding traffic, wear and tear on your vehicle, and help reduce carbon emissions in the process.
- Even when you work hard, you will still have time for your personal life due to flexible working hours based on core time.
- You will work in a flat and flexible organization where every team member has access to any team member. Working on exciting projects independently, while closely connected with leading, super cool and talented international experts encourages everyone to think outside the box and gain new experiences.
- You will have the collaboration and support of the team whenever you need it.
- You will enjoy the practicality of an easy-to-use digital workspace.
- You can rely on us for anything right from your first day, and we will in turn also trust you to the utmost extent.
- And you will find opportunities to have fun together with colleagues through (mainly virtual) team activities.