We’re currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our organization. You will be focused on co-design and develop our cloud-based SaaS solutions. You will be also collaborating to a wide range of FMCG and Commodity Trading clients interested in Data engineering consulting services.
You will interact with a group of professionals to elicit business, architectural and non-functional requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable analytical solutions that work well within the overall data architecture. Design applications based on identified architecture, technology landscape, IT standards, and enterprise roadmaps; support implementation of design by resolving complex technical issues faced by the project team during the full development cycle.
- Analyse database designs and enhance the models to support business use cases.
- Design and build data pipelines according to requirements and company best practices.
- Present the findings in a clear and informative way.
- Convert large volumes of structured and unstructured customer data using advanced analytical solutions.
- Turn analysed data into actionable insights and business value.
- Communicate effectively with different departments and roles (product managers, engineers) to discuss complex data-driven findings and technical matters
- Educate and train others on Data engineering related matters.
- Estimate, plan and coordinate the delivery of large projects following the Scrum framework
- Create Data Science solution architecture.
We believe that you’ll enjoy this role if
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Startup experience
- Remote work experience
What you’ll need to be successful
- Programming experience (Python preferred).
- Fluency with logical and physical Database models and complex SQL views, familiar with modelling tools.
- Data focused applied mathematics (statistical analysis, machine learning).
- Big Data stack; Spark / MLlib.
- Proficient in data staging using ADF (Azure Data Factory) or Synapse.
- Profound SQL skills.
- Cloud: Azure – Storage; Compute; Notebooks; PurView.
- CI/CD principles & tools (e.g. Azure Devops).
- Platforms: Linux, Windows.
- Version Control Systems (e.g. Git).
- Hands on experience in delivering scaled solutions.
- Working English fluency.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Math, Applied Statistics or a related field with 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Domain understanding (Commodity trading, CPG, Retail or Life sciences) and ability to acquire new domain knowledge.
- Data analysis tools and libraries such as Python (NumPy / SciPy / scikit-learn / pandas / matplotlib), R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, etc.
Benefits of joining us
- You will share a next-generation vision and mission through our revolutionary, Digital Assistant for Revenue Management. You will have a purposeful job in our fast-growing environment where we will build something amazing together!
- You will enjoy the comfort, convenience and flexibility of being able to work from home. Most people find telecommuting enables them to be more productive – it improves their quality of work while reducing stress and distractions. You will also appreciate avoiding traffic, wear and tear on your vehicle, and help reduce carbon emissions in the process.
- Even when you work hard, you will still have time for your personal life due to flexible working hours based on core time.
- You will work in a flat and flexible organization where every team member has access to any team member. Working on exciting projects independently, while closely connected with leading, super cool and talented international experts encourages everyone to think outside the box and gain new experiences.
- You will have the collaboration and support of the team whenever you need it.
- You will enjoy the practicality of an easy-to-use digital workspace.
- You can rely on us for anything right from your first day, and we will in turn also trust you to the utmost extent.
- And you will find opportunities to have fun together with colleagues through (mainly virtual) team activities.
What to expect after applying for this job?
If you are selected to continue to the interview process, you will hear from HR soon. Before the first introduction with HR, you will receive a candidate deck where you will find detailed information about the next steps of the hiring process.